Join Our Community
When joining ICOM Canada you become part of a valuable community of museum professionals dedicated to the advancement of museum practices worldwide, through discussions, professional exchanges and research.ICOM Canada is the National Committee of the International Council of Museums (ICOM) in Canada, the international organization of museums and museum professionals which is committed to the conservation, continuation and communication to society of the world’s natural and cultural heritage, present and future, tangible and intangible. Joining ICOM Canada puts you in contact with over 24,000 museum professionals from around the world, through publications, websites, conferences, and meetings.
ICOM offers a unique vision with an international scope that promotes innovation. The new millennium has presented numerous challenges to museum professionals. ICOM Canada gives its members access to the major issues, latest approaches and developments in the field of museology. ICOM Canada also provides members the possibility to actively participate in specialized committee meetings which are a forum for disseminating information about their own work or research.
- Professional development
- Free admission to participating member museums around the world
- Participation in meetings of ICOM Canada
- Possibility of joining ICOM International Committees
- Participation in meetings of ICOM International Committees
- Subscription to ICOM Canada e-bulletins
- Subscription to ICOM News
- Discount on subscription to UNESCO’s MUSEUM International magazine
- Discount on ICOM publications
- Access to ICOM’s Information Centre
Additional benefits for institutional members include 3 to 8 membership cards depending on the category of membership.
Apply for Membership
To Join ICOM Canada
Complete the registration form according to your profile.
For any questions, please contact ICOM Canada by email at email@example.com.
Memberships in ICOM Canada are for a CALENDAR year.
- Budgets up to $50,000: $594 fee
- Budgets between $50,000 – $150,000: $864 fee
- Budgets between $150,000 – $1,500,000: $1,080 fee
- Budgets between $1,500,000 – $8,000,000: $1,431 fee
- Budgets between $8,000,000 – $15,000,000: $1,566 fee
- Budgets over $15,000,000: $1,836 fee
The number of ICOM cards for institutions is as follows:
- Budgets up to $50,000: 3 cards
- Budgets between $50,000 – $150,000: 4 cards
- Budgets between $150,000 – $1,500,000: 5 cards
- Budgets between $1.500,000 – $8,000,000: 6 cards
- Budgets between $8,000,000 – $15,000,000: 7 cards
- Budgets over $15,000,000: 8 cards