Join Our Community
When joining ICOM Canada you become part of a valuable community of museum professionals dedicated to the advancement of museum practices worldwide, through discussions, professional exchanges and research.ICOM Canada is the National Committee of the International Council of Museums (ICOM) in Canada, the international organization of museums and museum professionals which is committed to the conservation, continuation and communication to society of the world’s natural and cultural heritage, present and future, tangible and intangible. Joining ICOM Canada puts you in contact with over 24,000 museum professionals from around the world, through publications, websites, conferences, and meetings.
ICOM offers a unique vision with an international scope that promotes innovation. The new millennium has presented numerous challenges to museum professionals. ICOM Canada gives its members access to the major issues, latest approaches and developments in the field of museology. ICOM Canada also provides members the possibility to actively participate in specialized committee meetings which are a forum for disseminating information about their own work or research.
- Professional development
- Free admission to participating member museums around the world
- Participation in meetings of ICOM Canada
- Possibility of joining ICOM International Committees
- Participation in meetings of ICOM International Committees
- Subscription to ICOM Canada e-bulletins
- Subscription to ICOM News
- Discount on subscription to UNESCO’s MUSEUM International magazine
- Discount on ICOM publications
- Access to ICOM’s Information Centre
Additional benefits for institutional members include 3 to 8 membership cards depending on the category of membership.
Apply for Membership
To Join ICOM Canada
Complete the Membership Form according to your profile and mail it with your cheque to ICOM Canada / CMA.
Please allow 3 to 6 weeks for processing.
International Council of Museums Canada
280 Metcalfe Street
Ottawa, ON K2P 1R7
For any questions, please contact ICOM Canada at email@example.com.
- Budgets up to $50,000: $550 fee
- Budgets between $50,000 – $150,000: $800 fee
- Budgets between $150,000 – $1,500,000: $1,000 fee
- Budgets between $1,500,000 – $8,000,000: $1,200 fee
- Budgets between $8,000,000 – $15,000,000: $1,450 fee
- Budgets over $15,000,000: $1,700 fee
The number of ICOM cards for institutions is as follows:
- Budgets up to $50,000: 3 cards
- Budgets between $50,000 – $150,000: 4 cards
- Budgets between $150,000 – $1,500,000: 5 cards
- Budgets between $1.500,000 – $8,000,000: 6 cards
- Budgets between $8,000,000 – $15,000,000: 7 cards
- Budgets over $15,000,000: 8 cards
To renew your membership, download the ICOM Canada Membership Renewal Form (PDF), complete the Membership Renewal form and mail it with your cheque or scan and email with your credit card information to ICOM Canada / CMA.